First Day of New Goals

Yesterday was a pretty good day with the new goals. I planned out a week's worth of meals. This was helped along by not allowing myself to get on facebook or blogs or turn on the TV until it was finished. I plugged the info into my google calendar which has the added bonus of popping up at the same time every day, thus reminding me to take things out of the freezer to thaw if I haven't already done so. I don't know about you, but I have a real problem with this and it is definitely one of the reasons/excuses I end up wanting take-out.
We did stick to the menu plan, even if it was night one. We had Belgian waffles with strawberries and the couple of pieces of bacon left from making soup for Chandra. I will say that I did savor the real bacon since I normally make turkey bacon. It has been a really long time since I made real bacon and it was really good.
I planned in one meal that I will freeze a portion of for later - my favorite black bean and bacon soup. It's actually a perfect choice for this because it makes 8-10 servings so I don't even have to double it to have enough to freeze.
I also unloaded the dishwasher which not only meant we could reload it after supper, but it meant we had plates on which to eat dinner! I felt so good about doing something in the kitchen I didn't stop there and cleaned off the stove top, which REALLY needed it.
I did not do my prenatal yoga, but I figured it could be the other day.
It may seem a little silly, but it felt really good to accomplish even those few small goals. Hopefully that feeling will carry me long enough to make these goals into habits.

Comments

Amy Petersen Kucera said…
I just did the whole "freezing" thing myself!! I did meatballs tho...i baked them in the oven rather than pan frying them and then I stuck them in the freezer....and made my menu and just happened to have meatball subs this week!! The leftover meatballs in sauce i bagged and threw back in the freezer for spaghetti and meatballs!! There is such a sense of accomplishment and organization that you feel!! Its Great! We should share a few freezer recipes :) Everything I make is super simple and quick cuz well i got 3 kids and a hubby lol

Popular Posts