Pumpkin Dip

Last night we had a few friends over to hang out and I wanted to make something new so I headed over to my recipe standby, www.kraftfoods.com. One of the things I like is that a lot of the people who rate the recipes actually put something about changes to the recipe with their rating so you get really good ideas from actual cooks. Anyway, I decided to try a recipe for pumpkin dip. I love pumpkin bread and pumpkin bars and I'm ok with pumpkin pie so I figured I would probably like it. Well, I really liked it and the others seemed to as well. Here's the modified recipe - it makes a decent sized batch:

1 cup of canned pumpkin
1 brick (8 oz) cream cheese
1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Mix together and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Easy, right? It works best if you use an electric mixer and mix the marshmallow creme in last. Make sure the cream cheese is at room temp!
Serve with Nilla wafer cookies, ginger snaps, apples, and/or cinnamon graham crackers. I didn't actually try the graham crackers because they were out when I went to the store, but I guarantee they would be good with it. I was skeptical of the apples with it but they turned out to be really good (I actually ate some leftover apples and dip for breakfast).
It's a pretty orange color and I think I will take it for Thanksgiving. The dip is gluten-free so I can take it for both sides of the family. Bonus!

Comments

Popular Posts