Gratituesday

My friend Laura runs a great blog and she has issued a November challenge to think about and blog about blessings. Every Tuesday she blogs about her blessings and let's others link up to share theirs as well and calls it "Gratituesday." You can check out her blog here. I've been meaning to focus more on my blessings on here and I just seem to get caught up in too much day to day stuff sometimes. So I'm hoping this month to really get in the habit of counting blessings instead of moaning about problems. Feel free to keep me accountable people!
Today I thought of so many things that I am thankful for. I won't go into a huge thing about each one, but here is an incomplete list of things I am grateful for.
I have a comfortable house and a bed with a pillow-top mattress that I long for whenever I am someplace else.
I have an attached garage, which is so nice for bringing in groceries when it is raining or snowing especially.
I have a lot of people who don't mind me asking questions about birth and parenting - friends, aunts, my cousin, my sisters-in-law.
I have a patient husband.
I have a great sister-in-law who just brought me a huge pile of girls clothes for Olivia.
I have awesome nieces and nephews that crack me up and let me test my parenting skills!
Most of my grandparents and both of my parents are still living and I have a good relationship with all of them.
I have an amazing church family and lots of friends there that I love.
I have had a really healthy pregnancy, even with the scares, and for the most part I have felt really good.
I can afford to have the internet at home and it allows me to feel more connected with the outside world.
I can afford to be a stay-at-home mom.

See, it didn't take me long at all to come up with this list. Take a few minutes to think about things you're grateful for. It's hard to be unhappy when you're busy being grateful!

Comments

Hey Emily!!!! SO glad you joined Gratituesday. I'll be LOOKING for your posts from now on during the challenge! (You said to keep you accountable, right?!)

I didn't know your baby's name before. SO pretty! I'm so excited for you guys!

Popular Posts