Maybe Saturday!

Last night we got fantastic news! If Olivia keeps progressing the way she has been she can come home this Saturday or maybe Sunday! Last night she did the car seat test and passed. She had to sit in her car seat for 2 hours and not have any problems breathing. Apparently this can sometimes be a problem for preemies, but she didn't seem to have any issues whatsoever and was sleeping peacefully when we left. She took all of her feedings from a bottle yesterday, which is one of the biggest hurdles for her to come home.
I feel like I'm about to really start the next phase of my life now. I'm a bit scared to have a tiny baby under my care after she's been so monitored and taken care of for the last 13 days. I'm definitely excited to have her home and stop this back and forth to Lincoln and having to leave her in the NICU. I'm...well, lots of things! Will the emotional roller coaster ever stop? I'm guessing not any time soon.
We now have a lot to do in the next few days. We need to buy some things that we never thought we would need and didn't register for - like bottles and nipples. We need to wash the cute little preemie outfits so she has something to wear home. We need to put together the pack n play. We also need to put a door on the guest room so my mom will actually come and stay with us for a few days! On that note, I should probably keep moving! Love and blessings to you all!

Comments

Aunt Barb said…
Such super news all the way around! We are so happy for you!

It has been such a joy to see her getting stronger each day. You know that when she starts her life as a fighter, she has a great future ahead!

Popular Posts