Lemon Buttercream Frosting

I made the Lemon Buttercream Frosting today to go on the gluten free Lemon Lover's cupcakes. I got the recipes here from the Betty Crocker site while trying to find something fun to do for Tom, Kim, and family. I've never really been much of a frosting person. Eric and I used to trade the cake and frosting portions at weddings. I was surprised at how much I loved this frosting. Maybe it's the fact the the citrus helps cut the sweetness? Who knows. Anyway, this was really easy to make and the extra was really good on Ritz crackers.

Recipe for 12 generously topped cupcakes!

2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (I used more like a tablespoon though)
2-3 tablespoons lemon juice

Official instructions: In medium bowl, beat powdered sugar, 1/4 cup butter and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice with electric mixer on low speed until mixed. Add remaining lemon juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, until creamy and smooth. Beat in 1 teaspoon peel.

I actually just threw in all but 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and mixed it well. Then I ended up adding the last called for tablespoon of juice and even a bit more. It's pretty dry today so I chalk it up to that.

Comments

Popular Posts