Great Day and More Smiles





This is the baby that I wished lived at my house all the time! She does seem to smile more every day, but she's still Captain Fussybritches pretty much every evening. Sometimes I feel sorry for Glenn because the window of Olivia's happy time is fairly small by the time he gets home from work, but he promised me that he would keep coming home anyway. Haha!
Yesterday Glenn took a day of vacation and stayed home with Olivia so that I could spent some time with my friend, Ginger. Ginger and her husband Mark are moving away at the end of the month so I really appreciated the opportunity to have one last day in Lincoln together before she's gone. We met up with Erin and Hazel at Barb's house and got to spend a little time with them. We also got some almond poppy seed bread from Barb which we promptly took bites out of as soon as we were in the car. We ran some errands and found an adorable dress for the pictures my dad is taking of Olivia next weekend. We got to have a nice lunch at Red Robin (love those Parmesan garlic steak fries!) and even had room for some frozen custard at Culver's. It was the first time in a long time I haven't worried about the time and it felt wonderful!
When I got home Glenn said that he was even going to make supper! He made scrambled eggs, toast, bacon, sausage (which I don't eat so it's a good thing he likes it) and then made place-and-bake chocolate chip cookies. He even did the 9:00 feeding so I could take a bath and read for a bit. It was so nice to have a day without so many responsibilities!
Well, it's time for yet another feeding of the child. She slept long enough this morning that I was able to get some dishes washed, some dog hair vacuumed, and even a bite of lunch. Hopefully this afternoon she will take another nap so I can feel productive after running away for the day yesterday!

Comments

Brook was the same until about 4 months old, which was only a couple of weeks ago. We FINALLY figured out a routine that works at nights are better!Let Glenn know that Kyle knows exactly what that feels like.

Popular Posts