Gratituesday: Growing, Thriving, and Being Uncomfortable!

So much to be grateful for!  Today I had another baby appointment.  For the third week in a row Molly scored 8 out of 8 on her tests, which means she is thriving!  We did another ultrasound and I got to see her put her hand in her mouth and suck on it.  It's also so cool to watch her take practice breaths.  They also did a weight estimate and Molly is now around 5 pounds 11 ounces - officially bigger than Olivia was when we brought her home from the NICU (Olivia was 4 pounds 14 ounces that day)!  I really may get my chubby cheeked baby at this rate!  :)

As strange as it may sound, I actually sort of like the fact that I am getting more uncomfortable.  Oh, don't get me wrong - I don't actually enjoy the back pain, waddling everywhere, being super tired, having awful heartburn, etc.  But I love that I'm getting to experience all of the late pregnancy things that I missed out on with Olivia.  I actually giggled when I saw how swollen my ankles were the other night after I was on my feet a lot.  I think part of it is that I keep reminding myself that each ache, each annoyance just means that I am accomplishing our goal - that I'm still pregnant and getting closer to being full-term.  

I'm also grateful that last night Glenn gave me my second to last shot of 17P.  That's right, 19 down and one to go!  They aren't the most fun (the needles really are huge), but since they seem to preventing preterm labor I would definitely say they have been worth it.  Again, just part of meeting our goal! 

I'll be going in for an appointment and then again for a non-stress test each week until I deliver at this point, which is a lot of driving and a lot of people that are watching Olivia for me.  Please pray for the health of my baby girl, my safe travels, and that everything continues to go smoothly!

Comments

Popular Posts