Yay! Full-Term!

Today I am 37 weeks - officially full-term!  We made it!  I am so very very thankful to be at this point.  It has been worth all of the extra driving, extra appointments, the not-so-fun shots, everything!  Knowing that the chances are good that we will be able to bring our baby home with us from the hospital is amazing.  As a side note, I know I seem pretty obsessed with having a "termie" and I do realize that babies born full-term can still have problems, but the chances are so much less at this point.  Ask any parent whose baby has had to spend time in the NICU and I promise you they will agree that it can be pretty traumatic for everyone involved.  I was honestly afraid to have another baby for the longest time because of how hard it was with Olivia, and I couldn't imagine doing it again with a toddler to deal with too.  Eventually we decided that we could handle it if it happened again, but that didn't mean I wasn't going to do everything in my power to avoid it! 

I had another appointment yesterday and again Molly was 8 out of 8.  She was again very active during the ultrasound and was making it difficult for the tech to get good shots of her heartbeat and cord pulses.  Molly also kicked the ultrasound wand thingy several times again and made the tech laugh.  The tech was actually a bit startled at how strong the kicks were!  The doctor said I was doing "outstanding," that Molly looked "perfect," and that he thinks it looks like we'll make it to the 16th. 

It still hasn't really sunk in that in two weeks (or less) I will be meeting a new little person that will change my life forever.  It probably won't sink in for quite a while, even once she comes home.  :)



Comments

Correny said…
WooHoo! So happy for you!

Popular Posts