Gratituesday: Last Regular Appointment!

Today was my last regular appointment before Molly joins the family!  I still have another non-stress test on Friday but then the only thing left is the c-section.  Crazy!  Hopefully she will cooperate better during the NST this time.  The last two she has either been too active or not enough and I've had to go in for more ultrasounds to check on everything.
The appointment today went great.  The doctor is estimating that Molly will weigh between 6.5-7 pounds at birth so she won't be huge, but she will definitely be a lot bigger than Olivia!  Molly was all over the place during the ultrasound again and seemed to be sucking her thumb part of the time.  At one point when the tech was measuring Molly's head she started to laugh.  She took a quick picture and said, "Do you know what this is?" and put an arrow pointing at something.  I said, "No," which was kinda funny because I've had so many ultrasounds lately that I'm pretty good at guessing what I'm looking at.  She said, "That is her hair!"  That's right!  Molly has enough hair that it actually was visible on the ultrasound.  So while we don't know what color it will be, we do know that she won't be bald at birth!  :)

Molly's got hair!
Again, I cannot overstate how grateful I am to be at this point.  I've been asked by quite a few people if I'm so ready to be done being pregnant.  Honestly I'm really enjoying this time.  When I hit 37 weeks it was as though a weight had been lifted off of me and I'm just feeling so happy and blessed to be at this point.  Thank you, everyone, for your prayers and encouragement.  There is something about being pregnant that makes me think continually of Psalm 139 13-14:  "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made."  How wondrous it is to be a part of this process!

Comments

Popular Posts