Brownie Crinkle Cookies

I was looking for a cookie recipe to take to Thanksgiving this week. I found these online at Taste of Home here. One of the things that I liked was that they looked really easy and the other is that I already had everything I needed in the house! They turned out quite good.

Ingredients:
1 box fudge brownie mix, 9x13 size
1 cup AP flour
1 egg
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup oil
1 cup chocolate chips
Powdered sugar

In a large bowl mix the brownie mix, flour, egg, water, and oil. This will take some muscle! Fold in chocolate chips. As you can see it makes a really soft gooey dough. (I actually was afraid that I had messed something up it was so soft and I baked one sheet worth before scooping out the rest in case I needed to add some flour or something!) I used my trusty small scooper to plop them into the powdered sugar, but you can use two spoons if you want. Gently roll them around and coat them. Place on a baking sheet 2 inches apart (I used parchment paper to make sure they'd come off). Be aware that you have to be a little careful when you do this because they are so soft and gooey. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove from the pans and onto wire racks to cool.
See, it's really gooey!
The left side are already done and the right side haven't been baked yet.
Note: You may want to tap off some of the excess powdered sugar before you eat these. Either that or be careful not to breathe in as you're taking a bite! That's what my handsome husband did here when I asked him to take a bite for a picture and he ended up coughing!

Comments

Popular Posts