Trip to the Farm

Husker dress from Gama and Papa. Gotta indoctrinate them early!

Olivia and Daddy

Olivia really enjoyed the swing.

Three kittens hiding in the shed.

Impromptu family picture.

Olivia with Gama and Papa.

Elkhorn River - so peaceful and beautiful!

Olivia loves the kitty!
I'm not going to let you get away from me!
We had a quick but good trip out to the farm this weekend. On the way we stopped in Lincoln. Glenn worked on Craig and Erin's computer. Sadly, we did not get to see them or Hazel, but Craig's sweet sister did watch Olivia for us for a bit so I can run to Hobby Lobby by myself. Glutton for punishment that I am, I bought more glitter tulle to make another tutu for Olivia. It's going to be mainly pink with blue and green and it will match her first birthday onesie. It should be a mess, but super cute. We did get to meet Augie, their new puppy. He is so cute and tiny and Olivia giggled like crazy when he climbed on her and licked her.
When we got to Fremont we ran to Hy-Vee to get some groceries so I could make this soup for my parents for supper. Afterward Olivia was still in a really good mood so we decided strike while the iron was hot and visit Great Grandma Norma. We stayed about 40 minutes and Olivia loved playing with Grandma and rolling around on the floor on her room.
We had fun hanging out with my parents and Olivia went down for bed late, but really well. The next day we had church, then lunch and more time at the farm. The weather was just perfect! Olivia got to swing outside and we took a few pictures of our family. We got to check out the pumpkins my mom planted - apparently she CAN grow something other than beets! Olivia then went down for a nap while I went for a ride with Papa Mark. I got some nice pictures of the river and of the ponds down the hill. After I got back we all hung out some more before it was time to leave. Olivia even got to pet a kitty, which she loved. Anything furry is A-OK with this kid.
It was a quick but really nice trip. It's amazing how much more pleasant it is when Olivia stays in such a good mood and travels well! Hopefully we will be back soon, but first we're looking forward to YC's homecoming this next weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts