First Playdate

Olivia has been "reading" even more than usual lately.  She seems to enjoy looking at her books more than playing with the rest of her toys.  She does take the occasional break to try and chew on Daddy's network cables or grab Piper's collar.  She enjoys it when I read to her too and likes it when I use her fingers to point and count things on the pages, like stars.  She also enjoys standing up and holding onto my fingers and "dancing" to whatever music is on.
We've been trying to enjoy the nice weather while it lasts.  Yesterday we sat outside on a quilt in our backyard for a while and I actually got her to sit up on her own for about 5 seconds at a time!  I just had to try to get her to reach for the dried leaves.  Who knew that dried leaves would be the key? She does have a NICU follow-up clinic appointment in a few weeks and we're hoping they can help us out with the whole sitting up situation.  I never thought she would be this old and not sitting up, but in reality she is happy and healthy so I'm trying not to worry about it too much.  I just keep working with her daily and praying she will begin to show an interest soon.
Olivia is annoyed that I'm interrupting her reading.  I love how she crosses her legs when she reads.

Another tie-dyed onesie that Michele and I did for her.
Today Olivia and I went to visit Malachi and Tera for her first playdate.  Malachi was due a few weeks before Olivia so Tera and I would compare pregnancy notes when we saw each other.  Lately I've been attending Tera's craft/scrapbooking nights and as we were talking I thought a playdate would be fun.  We spent a couple of hours at their house and while the kids seemed like they could take it or leave it at this point I certainly enjoyed some adult conversation and playing with the the kids.


Super cutie Malachi and his beautiful mama, Tera!

I have no idea why this is sideways.

Playing with a Star Wars storm trooper toy.  They kept taking it from each other, but they never seemed to be upset.

Olivia often pulls off her left sleeve when she has long sleeves on.  I think she's going for the toga look.
Just hanging out!

Buddies! 
After the playdate I dropped Olivia off at Grandpa and Grandma Tandy's to hang out for a while.  I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a few things (I love when I can go by myself) and then Glenn and I went on a date!  I got some food while shopping and we enjoyed the nice weather by having a picnic.  We were only gone for a little while, but it was nice to have a little time sans baby.  After we picked her up and headed home she ate oatmeal with cinnamon, had a bath and bottle, and passed right out.  All in all, a pretty awesome day!

Comments

Popular Posts