Marvelous Mini Meatloves

In the tradition of making meat dishes in muffin tins (like I did here), I have another fun recipe that I decided to share with you. I've been making this for years and it truly is one of the only things I make where we actually fight over who gets the leftovers. I've heard that they freeze well but frankly they've never lasted that long.
One of the nice things about this recipe is that it doesn't require a lot of ingredients and I usually have everything on hand for it - nice for those nights when I never got around to thinking about what I was making for supper. A fun thing about this recipe is that there are so many ways you can change a couple of ingredients and have something really different. We've tried the Italian and the BBQ versions (the BBQ is the one pictured below) and liked them both. The Greek and Mexican versions sound good but Glenn likes the BBQ version so much that I always end up making that one! You can find the original recipe and different versions here.

Here are the ingredients I used to make our favorite:
1 pound extra lean ground beef
1 cup water
1 box Stove Top stuffing mix, chicken flavor and low sodium
2 cloves worth of chopped garlic - I always use this instead of garlic powder
BBQ sauce - we like Famous Dave's, but use what you like
Shredded cheese - cheddar or a colby jack blend are great

Mix ground beef, water, stove top, and garlic. Using my trusty large scoop I portion the meat into a well-greased muffin tin (I always use my oldest and most beat up tin for this). I then use the back of the scoop to make a little indentation in each one.Then I fill each indentation with a little BBQ sauce. Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.Remove from the oven and sprinkle cheese on each mini meatloaf. Return to oven and bake for 5 more minutes. Let them cool for a few minutes and then enjoy!
Helpful hint - once you are done and have removed the meatloaves, soak the muffin tin in the sink in hot soapy water or it can be pretty difficult to get clean than say, if you let the stuff harden on the tin overnight. Not that I've ever done that...

Comments

Amy Kucera said…
So since I am very limited on groceries in my town, I am assuming the meat they sell is an 80/20 or around there...think they would still turn out? Also, since I have a bigger family, I was thinking of doubling the batch. This looks really good and it also looks like something the kids would eat =)
Anonymous said…
These look delicious! I never thought of cooking mince in that way
Anonymous said…
i think these look like such a fun way to do dinner one night for the kiddo (and this is one recipe i can 'tweak' to make work with all our restrictions! AWESOME idea!!
-Denise
Anonymous said…
i think these look like such a fun way to do dinner one night for the kiddo (and this is one recipe i can 'tweak' to make work with all our restrictions! AWESOME idea!!
-Denise

Popular Posts