11 Questions: from Stacia

I'm only doing the first part where I answer questions, at least for now, because I am lazy.  :)

1.  Do you have a verse that has helped you through many situations?  What is it?  This may be strange to some people but one that has made a big difference in my life is John 8:11 "...And Jesus said, Neither do I condemn thee: go thy way; from henceforth sin no more."  I struggle a lot with guilt and letting it control me.  One day I heard a lesson centering around this verse and it was like a switch flipped for me.  I will fail and I will fall short, but I don't have to dwell on it and replay it over and over for days, months, even years after I have repented.  That is not helpful and certainly not what God intended.  So I've learned to focus on doing what Jesus says in the verse - going on my way, and spending more time working on the "sin no more" part instead of feeling guilty.
2.  Can you remember a childhood experience that you know shaped you?  When I was pretty little someone anonymously gave my family gifts for Christmas.  At the time I didn't understand that my parents probably couldn't have afforded to do much for us that year.  I still remember two of my gifts - socks and a big teddy bear (I still have the bear) and that Eric got a big yellow dump truck.  We never found out who was responsible.  Now I look back at it and it makes me want to help others, especially in similar situations - it's kind of my way of saying thank you to them.
3.  When was the last time you cried?  Umm, a couple hours ago.  I AM pregnant.
4.  If you went back to high school as the person you are today,  would you be friends with yourself?  I'd like to think so.  I think the past me would probably irritate the current me though sometimes.  I was much more judgmental and harsh back then, but I was also very passionate in the things I cared about.  I think I've mellowed a lot, even in the last few years.  One thing that has not changed is how strongly and deeply I love the people in my life who take the time to get to know the real me and earn my trust.  I tend to be loyal to a fault once someone is "in" with me but I actually like that about myself.
5. What is your dream vacation spot?  Gosh, I honestly don't know.  Right now I'd love to be able to visit my friends that live overseas so I guess that means Albania and England.
6. What is your favorite cereal?  I love rice chex with really cold milk and a cut up banana.  Oh, that even sounds good right now but I bet my blood sugar would NOT thank me!
7.  Do you know how your parents picked out your name?  I think they just liked it.  My middle name (Lyn) did come from a nurse that was very kind to my mother while she was in the hospital.  Meaning...?  Emily means "Industrious."  I always liked my name itself, but growing up I kinda hated that meaning.  It seemed like other girls had pretty or cool meanings.  Now I don't mind.  :)
8.  If you could change one thing about yesterday, what would it be?  (something you did or didn't do -- not weather, etc.)  I would relax a lot more.  I stressed a lot about my gestational diabetes diagnosis and figuring out what I was going to eat, when, and how to cook for the family.  I also had to drive all over the place and everything took longer than I wanted.  I was about to have a mental breakdown by naptime.  I'm still stressing, but not as bad today.
9. Do you have a favorite color?  I love a nice grassy green or a kelly green.  I also like blue, and I love to wear purple.
10.  Do you remember you dreams?  I often do.  Are they usually good or bad?  It depends.  During pregnancy - more so with Olivia than this one - I have a lot more bad dreams.  Very vivid ones actually.  I have to be careful what I read or watch sometimes.
11.  How often do you get a new purse?  When I used to work full-time I would usually get at least one a year, but I was very very particular about what I liked.  Now...well, I think I got one in the last four years if you don't count my diaper bag.  :) 

Comments

Stacia Hamidi said…
yEA! now I know a little more about Emily Tandy! :) And I love Rice Chex too -- although I just love Chex (Wheat, Rice, Corn).

Popular Posts