Gratituesday: A Date with My Husband (and It's a Girl?)

Today we are going to Lincoln for my first cervical ultrasound.  Not the most fun thing in the world, but I'm so thankful for the technology that may help me keep this baby in longer!  What is going to be fun though, is that Glenn is taking his last day of vacation for the year to come with me to finish up Christmas shopping!  Olivia is staying with my in-laws for most of the day so that we can actually take our time and buy thoughtfully.  I love buying/making and giving gifts so I'm so happy to have this time and that Glenn will be there to keep me company, give input, and drop me off at the door while he goes to park.  We will also be having lunch together, just the two of us!  We had been really good about date nights but we've had so many things going on lately that we haven't really had a chance for time for the two of us.  Knowing that it will be even harder to find time once this baby is born makes every chance we do get that much more special to me.

Last week Dr. Ray graciously agreed to do chemical testing on my urine to find out the gender of our baby.  We did the test with Olivia too and while it's a little strange to hand off a urine sample to your former Chemistry professor, I think it's a fun thing to do.  From what I gather, it tests the hormones and changes color depending how much testosterone or estrogen is present and can be done as early as 10 weeks.  It's the same thing you can buy at drugstores now, but Dr. Ray is free and I just love that man.  It's not 100% accurate, but he's only been wrong once I think so that's pretty good odds.  It sounds like we will be having another girl, but we'll know more when I have the anatomical ultrasound in a month or so.
I was actually kinda hoping for a boy (and of course my dad was REALLY hoping to finally get a grandson) but after everything with Olivia I can honestly say that the greatest wish of my heart is a healthy full-term baby.  We are definitely finished having kids after this one so I guess all of us will just have to be happy with whatever we end up with.  :)

Comments

Popular Posts