One Pot Taco Pasta

Hello, out there!  Tonight I wanted to make something for my family for supper instead of ordering pizza, but I didn't want to go to the nearest town to get groceries (everything is closed here on Sundays).  That means it was time to do some pantry and freezer shopping.  :)  Not only did it come together quickly, but I only used one pot AND everybody liked it!  Mom FTW!

Anyway, on to the recipe!

1 pound ground beef (I used lean)
2 - 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 cups salsa (I blend ours - NO CHUNKS in this house)
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
16 oz. small shaped pasta (I used rotini)
6 oz. cream cheese (room temp. blends easiest)
1 cup shredded cojack or cheddar (you can use more, I won't judge)

I made this is my enameled cast iron Le Crueset round pot.  I just love that thing.  And you can leave out the cream cheese and it will still be yummy, but if you've got it, add it.

Brown ground beef.  If you use fattier beef, drain it.  Add broth, salsa, cumin, chili powder, and Worcestershire sauce.  Bring to a boil.  Add pasta.  Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring every couple minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese and shredded cheese.  Done.  Boom.

I didn't take a picture, but I promise it looked pretty good.  Of course, I always think pasta looks pretty good so...

*Make this gluten free by subbing GF pasta, but you will need to adjust the cooking time!

Comments

Popular Posts